I really love this idea going around, it's a ton of fun!!! After a bunch of people I watch did it, I figured I might as well do it ahahah
If you ask me a question (please nothing too weird or inappropriate...>>; ), then I'll feature three of your deviations~
1. ~ThomClyma :"Ask a question..,I gotta use the opportunity wisely! What's your favorite holiday memory?"
hhh that's hard!! I guess I'll have to choose last year's Thanksgiving! My roommates and I went on an adventure for ingredients in the next state over and we had a great, crazy trip. We each made a dish for our Thanksgiving celebration~ It was super fun and I am so thankful for the memories and fun I had with them. I also got treated to cream puffs kekekeke *3*
2. *MissLink8908 :"What inspired you to cosplay?"
Hmmm...my friends and dad mostly! It started with wanting to attend a con. My dad researched conventions since I was so little. He discovered cosplay and thought I would like it. Together we looked up all sorts of costumes, and after seeing amazing work, we both were really excited about the idea of it. I tried it, and with the support of my biffle we got started on our cosplay career. hahaha
3. *PaXingCai :"What is your style of making friends in cosplay? (Saying hi at cons, messaging on social media etc)"
><;; I'm incredibly shy, so I'm really bad at making friends!!! I would love to be friends with people I've met through cosplay, but the most I can do it is be awkward and comment on their pictures hahahah I'm even bad at starting conversations online, but sometimes I'm better in person. I tend to become friends with people who reach out to me first, or are friends with people I've already befriended. ><
4. *Pandlers :"Has being a cosplayer made you look more critically at costumes/props in theater/films/tv/etc. ? Or just take more notice of it in general?"
Ahaha! This is great. Cosplaying made me take notice in interesting costumes or made me wonder how it was made. The thing that made me critical of costumes/props/ etc was studying fashion design. I'm horribly nitpicky with costumes now hahaha even if I have no right to be (I'm pretty shoddy with craftsmanship most times). Now I can't help but notice things that make me wonder why it was the choice they made for costumes in movies/theater. This is all because of an enormous amount of critiques that always make me question intention and things like that.
I also tend to notice how people made things in cosplay, but I don't mean that I'm judging or anything!!! I just can't help but notice ><;;
5. *EveilleCosplay :"What is your absolute dream costume that you would love to make? :3"
So hard!! I change this constantly and tend to make my dream costumes once I think I have the skills/ the opportunity arises. I think for now, my dream costume is Eowyn from LOTR, especially the Battle of Pelennor Fields outfit. I love Eowyn so much and as a kid when I first watched ROTK I was mindblown and inspired and ahhhhh. She has a special place in my heart!! I can only wait until I could possibly fund leather + chainmail etcetc and do her justice. (I also want to make her Shieldmaiden and funeral dresses ; a; )
6. *HatterSisters :"What is your favorite part of the cosplay construction process? Wig styling, sewing, prop-making, etc. "
Hmmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure I have a favorite, since the variety in work to be done on costumes is what I really love!!! I have a pretty small attention span when it comes to making things unless it is going incredibly smoothly and I'm adequately occupied. So I tend to bounce around, sew for a bit then work on accessories/wigs/ etc. Though if I had to choose a favorite part, it'd probably be fabric manipulation, like dyeing or applique!
7. *tokidoki-loki :"Which con is your favorite to attend? Are there any cons that you haven't gone to that you really want to go to?"
Right now my favorite to attend is Katsucon!! I always have a lot of fun and it's pretty easy to wear more inconvenient costumes since there isn't a huge walk from the hotel room to the con itself. There are SO many cons I haven't attended that I really want to!! In the US, I especially want to attend Fanime and Colossalcon! I'd also love to attend a Canadian convention (not sure which!) and definitely MCM. ONE DAY.
8. *august-fehrmont :"My question is: are there any aspects of your cosplay that you feel you've made a great amount of progress in over time (big areas like wigs, props, sewing craftsmanship, makeup, and so on... always curious how people track their progress... thing that were difficult at first but you have since overcome)?"
Definitely!!!! I think in all aspects I have improved, however craftsmanship, wearability, and make-up I've improved most on. At first I had no idea what the right/wrong side of fabrics were, much less any idea of how to adjust patterns. The most I could do was figure out grainline (looking back I think I did it wrong anyway hahah) and place pattern pieces. I didn't even know how to properly pin hahahaahahah Now I don't use commercial patterns at all (HUGE money saver, imo, despite it being a lot more work) and I know a lot more about fabrics. My make-up game isn't on fire but it's definitely better than when I first started and didn't know how to use eyeliner hahaha Lots of improvement, and lots more to come!!!!
9. *koumori-no-hime :"What are some of your dream shoots, for example, a full cast of a particular series or shooting a costume in a particular location?"
I can probably go on and on and on FOREVER about this. First of all, any on location beautiful castle like area/ forest for Odin Sphere with a full cast...would make me cry. I'd probably break down in tears if that ever happened. I'd also LOVE LOVE LOVE a GrimGrimoire group, even if it's just the students. I'd also love that in castle-y location.
I would also lovelovelovelove to do an FF6 shoot in a theater. omgomg AND I SUPER WANT to do a Paper Mario battle shoot with a bunch of cardboard koopa/goomba/etc audience members, recreated in a theater too. TT A TT
AND AN FFX ON LOCATION SHOOT, somewhere that looks like Mi'ihen and the Moonflow ;A;
10. ~knight28 :"What have been some of your favorite places to shoot?"
Hmmmmmm I'm not sure I have some super faves. I love Katsu for the variety, and AUSA has some good spots. Otherwise, my on location shoot experiences have been pretty limited. I'm working on organizing some on location shoots for 2014, so I'm sure I will come to love some of those places!!